1. createspace.com (self-publish paperbacks for free)*
2. kdp.amazon.com(self-publish digital e-books for free)*
3. http://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/lets-get-digital/ (Terrific blog, the best resources and advice/info about pros to self-publishing/good print on demand services and bad ones/“snake oil scams.”) _______________________________________________________________
David Gaughran is a 34-year old Irish writer, living in London, who spends most of his time traveling the world, collecting stories. He is the author of the popular/award-winning self-publishing guide Let’s Get Digital: How To Self-Publish, And Why You Should.
He runs the publishing blog Let’s Get Digital and the South American history site South Americana, has a regular column at Indie Reader, and his work has been featured in the Huffington Post, The Sunday Times, the Irish Times, and the Irish Examiner.
4.(www.parapublishing.com) Dan Poynter Self-Pub Expert
5. Write on Hoosiers/Northwest Indiana Writers’ Group (writeonhoosiers.org) and blog.
6. Chicago Writers Association (chicagowrites.org)
7. Independent Book Publishing Association (www.ibpa-online.org)Formerly Publishers Marketing Assoc.
8. National Writers Association (www.nationalwriters.com)
9. Writer’s Digest Magazine (www.writersdigest.com)
10. Poets and Writers (pw.org)
11. Never hurts to use a both/and approach to seeking publication. But save yourself some time by checking out: (www.aaronline.org) Association of Authors’ Representatives to find legitimate literary agents.
12. Web designs and graphics (www.goliveidaho.com)
*Of course editing is extra. But you can hire your own editor, get the book ready and submit. Cover designs can be made also for free, though paid editing and graphic design services are offered. See my September blog for my LITERARY RECIPE: HOW TO “WHIP UP” YOUR VERY OWN FREE SELF-PUBLISHED BOOK.
AUTHOR’S NOTE: OOPS! GUESS I’LL HAVE TO ADD A LUCKY
NUMBER 13 TIP/RESOURCE: (www.ebooklaunch.com)
Ebook Launch helps with formatting paperbacks and ebooks for Create Space and Kindle Direct Publishing.